The backstory is here. Below the results of my experimental printing using a model that I have been carrying around from machine to machine for years.
I prefer it over the usual frog for a few simple reasons:
- exercise the motor vertically and unevenly
- because of the curves and muscular details, it allows me to evaluate the printer smaller turns typical in small parts
- the supporting material is vertically and simple to remove
- less waste (usually the base in the case of the Dremel’s frog)
- the finished work is a little piece of Roman’s style art
The white part was printed using 3D Micro (the printer mentioned in the prior post).
and of course the time lapse of the printing:
I love the features and extremely easy setup of this printer, worth every penny!